International Student Support Program
In order to join Japanese companies, international students must apply for employment examinations along with Japanese students. Therefore, international students are required to prepare for employment in the same way as Japanese students do. In some cases, there may be more work involved with the preparation process. International students are strongly encouraged to attend the “Career Guidance for International Students” held by the Department of Career Counselling and learn about the job hunting process in Japan as well as business etiquettes in Japanese companies. There are also around 70 types of employment support programs held throughout the year, and international students can take part in most of them. Make sure to take advantage of these opportunities along with the international student support program.
Career Guidance for International Students
The “Career Guidance for International Students” held at the Bunkyo/ Hachioji International campuses offer international students in their 3rd year to learn about the basics of job hunting in Japan and details such as changing residency statuses from experts.
Joint Company Info Session for International Students
This joint company info session for international students is held by the Department of Career Counseling. Information are provided by top class companies that are recommended by the Career Counseling Division. It is a great opportunity to secure employment, as the companies that attend are those actively seeking to recruit international students. It is also possible to speak with company representatives of various industries altogether at this session.
International Student Desk
The Career Counseling Division has an international student desk. Students are able to freely ask questions and receive kind advice about employment matters in Japan, details of various programs for international students, and change with visa statuses.
Top class companies recruiting international students from Takushoku University
- IBM Japan, Ltd. (ICT)
- NTT Docomo, Inc. (cellular phones, ICT)
- Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. (automobiles/ ship manufacturing)
- Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd. (automobile component manufacturing)
- Panasonic Eco Solutions Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. (ICT device component manufacturing)
- Sanken Electric Co., Ltd. (semiconductor manufacturing)
- Saudi Aramco (petroleum/ coal products manufacturing)
- ThreeBond E&E Japan co., ltd. (LED products)
- FamilyMart Co., Ltd.
- Seibo Holdings Inc. (hotel management)
- Giorgio Armani Japan Co., Ltd. (fashion)
- Renown Incorporated (fashion)
- Uniqlo Co., Ltd. (fashion)
- American Family Life Assurance Company of Columbus (insurance company)
- Nitto International School
*List of major recruiters (graduates in March 2015)